Are You Interested in Teaching Online?
There are thousands of faculty and staff in SUNY that have little direct experience with online teaching. The Open SUNY Center for Online Teaching Excellence can help. We are very pleased to launch Interested in Teaching Online? This course is an openly-licensed self-paced online course that is free of charge and open now to anyone interested in learning more about online teaching and learning.
The Interested in Teaching Online course:
- Provides a set of online teaching readiness self-assessments.
- Promotes and builds a common understanding of online education and common language and definitions within the SUNY context.
- Addresses skepticism, assumptions, and misconceptions regarding online teaching and learning.
- Promotes an understanding of the benefits and affordances of the online teaching and learning environment.
- Presents an overview of the various online pedagogies and models of online course development for online teaching and learning that exist in SUNY.
- Provides the opportunity to view example online courses.
- Showcases online faculty and online student perspectives about online teaching and learning.
- Presents opportunities for self-assessment, optional interaction, and recognition for completing the course (via badge).
- Helps those who are interested determine if online teaching is a good fit for them.
- Provides a framework and entry point for online teaching professional development.
Registration is not required. To access the course visit: http://commons.suny.edu/interested/
Check out the video overview: https://youtu.be/S3P0IwcLoqw
An informational flyer is also available.