Open SUNY COTE Professional Development Associates Program
Open SUNY Fellows in the advanced Fellow roles have the opportunity to assist the Open SUNY Center for Online Teaching Excellence (OS COTE) in delivery of OS COTE professional development (PD). Open SUNY COTE Professional Development Associates are certified by Open SUNY COTE to deliver COTE professional development workshops, webinars, and online courses. Leveraging Open SUNY Fellows in the advanced roles via this program provides an opportunity for Fellows to contribute to the community and expands the ability of Open SUNY COTE to scale professional development activities and engagements.
Certified Open SUNY COTE PD Associates will have the following preferred experiences for consideration as OS COTE PD Associates:
- MA in instructional design, education, or related experience, certification.
- Current online instructional design (ID) position
- Current online instructor
- Online teaching experience
- ID certificate program completion
- SLN training experience
- Experience in online faculty development
- Experience in online instructional design
Becoming certified to deliver COTE training entails:
- Application for the role.
- A review of prefered experiences for consideration.
- Participation in an orientation and overview of COTE training expectations, materials, resources, process.
- Shadowing Open SUNY COTE training.
- Being observed conducting training and provided feedback to incorporate for continuous improvement.
Interested Fellows should submit details of qualifications and area(s) of training interest to:
Application is not a guarantee of certification.