Welcome to the Open SUNY Community of Online Practitioners!
Open SUNY has a long history of developing, mentoring, supporting, and collaborating with SUNY online instructional designers and directors of online education. Open SUNY aims provide you with the effective models, research-based practices, support, resources, and services that you need for your unique professional needs, and campus online teaching and learning context.
We are better together. We all benefit from the expertise of our rich and diverse SUNY community of online practitioners in a peer-to-peer network, allowing online practitioners to share what they know within the SUNY-wide community, network and connect with those outside the SUNY system, and create better visibility among peers with shared interests across the system.
Open SUNY facilitates and provides a platform for online networking for community members, opportunities for recognition for you, your campus and your online faculty, engagement in a variety of activities and professional development events, resources, scripts, agendas, templates, rubrics, and other materials relevant to online course quality, online faculty development and support, online effective practices, etc.
Here are some samples of our resources and activities:
- The Open SUNY Fellow program to recognize your role in the community of online practitioners and facilitate communications targeted to your interests.
- Monthly Fellow chats featuring Open SUNY Fellows and their work.
- Participation in the online networking community of online practitioners.
- Monthly Online Teaching Gazette.
- Access to the Online Teaching Hub – a central access point to Open SUNY Online Teaching.
- Annual Effective Practices Award Program.
- Professional Development opportunities.
- Access to OSCQR, the Open SUNY Course Quality Review Rubric.
- Participation in SUNY-wide research and data collection to inform best practices and quality online teaching.
- Institutions membership for your SUNY campus in the Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
- The annual Open SUNY Summit.
The Open SUNY Team