Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
Known for its Quality Scorecard for the Administration of Online Education Programs (on which the award-winning Open SUNY Institutional Readiness Program is based), annual conference events, publications, and online learning professional development opportunities, the Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan-C), is the premier national association for online teaching and learning practitioners.
This new system-wide membership is supported by Open SUNY COTE and the CPD within the SUNY Office of the Provost, and we hope it will allow all SUNY campuses to actively participate in and take advantage of the many benefits an OLC institutional-level membership provides – both those fully engaged in online learning, as well as those interested in getting more involved in online learning.
OLC Institutional Members Receive:
- Full access for up to 30 faculty to OLC’s Advisory Services, the OLC Mentor Program and the interactive OLC Quality Scorecard for evaluating your online programs.
- Deep discounts on OLC Workshops – immersive programs developed and facilitated by leaders in the field of online learning.
- Discounted pricing on registrations for the Emerging Technologies for Online Learning Symposium, Blended Learning Conference and Workshop, and Annual Online Learning Consortium International Conference.
- Lowest pricing on OLC Workshop Pass (large scale workshop seats at discounted prices)
- Access to Magna Online Seminars and new subscriptions to the Distance Education Report at discounted prices.
- Listing in the OLC Member Publications page.
- Full OLC web access and free Webinars.
- Full OLC web access including access to the OLC journal Online Learning (formerly JALN), Effective Practices, Practitioner Documents, pdf downloads of OLC publications, Catalog of Online Programs, Survey Reports, OLC network.
- NEW – Access to OLC’s Advisory Services (ASP) program: Online education professionals that can help develop and assess specific online programming needs.
- NEW – OLC Mentor Program: Your eLearning staff have the opportunity to mentor other eLearning practitioners or be mentored by other eLearning leaders.
- NEW – $100 off select Magna Online Seminars and $100 off a new subscription to the Distance Education Report.
- 10% Discount on publications.
- Free listing on the OLC Member Publications page for your book/publication.
- Discounted advertising options in the OLC View eNewsletter.
- Eligible to propose a new OLC workshop (and facilitate).
- Permission to display OLC Corporate Member logo on website upon approval by OLC (expires with membership expiration).
- Eligible for select awards.
Each campus has a designated OLC Administrative Contact. To take advantage of your institutional benefits, contact your Campus’ OLC Administrative Contact.
If have any questions about this membership, please email Jim Harris at