DATE/TIME: November 6th, 2015, 8:30am – 4:00 pm
LOCATION: SUNY Empire State College, Saratoga Springs, NY
The SUNY Faculty Advisory Council on Teaching and Technology (FACT2) is pleased to offer this one-day Symposium on Accessibility in Higher Education. Symposium presenters will address a broad range of accessibility topics that include the student experience and how assistive technology supports students in achieving their goals, guidance for a proactive approach to accessibility through Universal Design for Learning, and an administrative overview of how campuses can comply with accessibility laws and regulations.
Sessions and speakers include:
- My Journey through Darkness: Kim Russell, Student Speaker
- Universal Design for Learning: Applications for Higher Education: Dr. Whitney Rapp, author of Universal Design for Learning in Action: 100 Ways to Teach All Learners
- Lunch/Assistive Technology Showcase – Talk with the Experts
- Temple University’s Accessible Technology Initiative – Setting a Foundation, Addressing Challenges, and Looking Forward: Temple University Panel Presentation
- SUNY Innovative Instruction Technology Grants (IITG) Panel – Campus Accessibility Projects
Cost is just $40.00 (includes morning beverages and lunch). Deadline to register is October 28, 2015.
For more information and to register visit the Symposium Registration page today!