Purchasing Software from a VendorVPAT (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template)
Ask publishers/software vendors to complete a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT). Recommend that VPAT be on file for campus to use if purchasing on own. Verify the version of software and date when template was completed.
Web ToolsWeb2 Access showcases a test in which they have evaluated many web tools and applications for interaction and collaboration.
Completed VPATs and evaluations may be provided on vendors’ website or also on the following websites:
- The Center of Online Learning and Students with Disabilities:
Provides completed VPATS on existing software.
- U.S. General Services Administration Buy Accessible Website:
Provides product or service accessibility information.
LMS Accessibility Information:
- Blackboard: http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Learn/Resources/Accessibility.aspx
- Moodle: http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Accessibility#Conformance_to_standards
- Moodlerooms: http://www.moodlerooms.com/resources/blog/best-practices-creating-accessible-courses-moodle-and-joule