2018 (Round 7) Under Peer Review until Monday, March 26th
- IIRC Meets for review discussion April 11th, anticipate notification around May 1st.
- Round 7 Stats: 69 proposals received for a total funding request of $1,740,655
- Tier 3 (up to $60K) – 18 applications (-3 compared with 2017) Total Request: $1,001,164 (-$67,683 from Round 6)
- Tier 2 (up to $20K) – 26 applications (+1 compared with 2017) Total Request: $498,656 (+$17,625 from Round 6)
- Tier 1 (up to $10K) – 25 applications (+4 compared with 2017) Total Request: $240,835 (+$38,215 from Round 6)
To date, the Office of the SUNY Provost has awarded a total of $4.2M seed funds to support 223 IITG projects since 2012.
Mission of Innovative Instruction Technology Grants
The Innovative Instruction Transformation Team, established as an outcome of the SUNY Strategic Plan, made recommendations to leverage the “Power of SUNY” for supporting academic excellence and student success. A vision for a “network of networks” emerged, including tools and practices that will collaboratively increase efficiency and capacity for SUNY-wide delivery of high quality instruction. The Chancellor, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and SUNY Board of Trustees have endorsed solutions that will:
- Enhance teaching and learning by providing affordable, innovative, and flexible education in a full range of instructional formats
- Develop instructional talent by creating and supporting communities of practice across disciplines and institutions
- Support, monitor and embrace research on pedagogical practices to continually improve the instructional practices of SUNY faculty
- Extend teaching and learning environments to provide new avenues for development and delivery of collaborative content, courses, and programs in New York and across the globe through Open SUNY