Quality by Design: Strategies for Effective Teaching and Quality Course Design. An Online Faculty Development Course and Open Educational Resource (OER)
- Jeremiah Grabowski, University at Buffalo
- Roberta (Robin) Sullivan, University at Buffalo
- Cherie van Putten, Binghamton University
- Nathan Whitley-Grassi, Empire State College
- Martha Greatrix, University at Buffalo
- Caryn Sobieski-VanDelinder, University at Buffalo
- Steven Sturman, University at Buffalo
- Christopher Price, SUNY Center for Professional Development
- Lisa Dubuc, Niagara County Community College
- Dan Feinberg, Open SUNY
Buffalo, University at
Quality by Design: Strategies for Effective Teaching and Quality Course Design (QbD) is a faculty development course and OER that will serve the vision of Open SUNY, including open content, cross- collaboration, asset-sharing, and the development of high quality courses. Participants of QbD will learn about quality course design, strategies to increase student engagement, improved assessment techniques, and how to provide students with the support they need to be successful learners.This asynchronous online course will be offered through Creative Commons and will be widely available for on-demand learning or re- purposing at individual campuses.
QbD will serve the goals of Open SUNY by incorporating the Open SUNY COTE Quality Review (OSCQR) rubric, as well as content and participation by COTE Fellows, and additional SUNY-branded elements.
The assessments of this project will contribute research and scholarship to the SUNY community and to the larger fields of faculty development and instructional design.
Outcomes TBD (August 2016)