Prof. James Jensen, Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies, Environmental Engineering
- Donna Banach
- Charles Zukoski
Buffalo, University at
This pilot leverages experts from WNY high schools, and three college sectors to create short, self-paced OER learning modules that address skill sets for all students transitioning from high school to college level learning; outcomes will provide early diagnostic tools to support learners throughout their college careers.
- Christine Kroll, University at Buffalo
- Kelly Marczynski, Buffalo State
- William Wieczorek, Buffalo State
- Tom Mackey, Empire State College
- Craig Lamb, Empire State College
- J. Goodlet McDaniel, George Mason University
Buffalo State College
Development and validation of an instrument designed to predict student success based on individual learner characteristics and the learner’s level of engagement with information and communication technology (ICT). The outcome of Phase One is a validated instrument and scoring rubric to assess learner readiness (SUNY Prep, Learner Preparedness Survey) in online environments.
Project outcomes provide a foundation for a new instrument to assess learner characteristics and success in online learning.
- Deborah Stayer Kelly, Corning Community College
- Jayne Peaslee, Corning Community College
- Colleen Gentry, Erie Community College
- Martie Dixon, Erie Community College
- Maureen Owens, Finger Lakes Community College
- Larry Dugan, Finger Lakes Community College
- Judie Littlejohn, Genesee Community College
- Bob Knipe, Genesee Community College
- Cori Dunagin, Jamestown Community College
- Peggy VanKirk, Monroe Community College
- Terry Keys, Monroe Community College
Genesee Community College
Development of a web-based orientation, training materials, and internal procedures to assist online degree-seeking students across a consortium of campuses. This maximizes course alignment with goals, shortens time-to-completion, and promotes regional workforce and economic development.
A group of distance learning administrators piloted a consortium that has boosted retention and assisted with transfer among the consortium. Visit project website for details.