Digital Studio Lab: A Cross-disciplinary Collaboration between the Humanities Department and The Canino School of Engineering Technology
Ms. JoAnne Fassinger, Grants Coordinator
Canton, College of Technology
The Digital Studio Lab is a transdisciplinary pedagogical project that reimagines the traditional teaching methods of seminar (lecture), lab (technical design), and studio (artistic practice) to create both a method and a space of digital collaboration, community outreach, and interdisciplinary game and media building across the humanities and engineering programs.
Dr. Hilary Becker
- Dr. Gokhan Ersan, Assistant Professor of Art and Design, Binghamton University
- Dr. Louis Piper, Associate Professor of Physics, Binghamton University
- Dr. Pamela Smart, Associate Professor of Anthropology and Art History, Binghamton University
- Dr. Valerie Imbruce, Assistant Director OSRI- Division of Research, Binghamton University
- Dr. Mark Poliks, Professor of System Science and Industrial Engineering, Binghamton University
"Materials Matter is an interdisciplinary course that brings together lessons in chemistry, art history, classical archaeology, and design using active learning and an innovative visual language presented in an interactive app to teach students the basic concepts of these subjects as well as how they influence each other."
- Tony Dumas, Brockport
Brockport, State University College at
Problem-based learning is an effective, student-centered approach in which students learn higher-order thinking skills and integrative strategies by solving real-world challenges.This pilot project, funded by SUNY IITG in 2015, is in the process of developing best-practice models and pedagogically sound materials for survey and topic-based music courses that integrates general education content while encouraging students to think creatively and develop flexible solutions to large-scale issues and problems – skills essential for success in the 21st century
Accuracy and Proficiency of Auscultatory Skills in Nursing Students Using a Bluetooth Connected Stethoscope
Delhi, College of Technology at
- Tony Dumas, The College at Brockport
Brockport, State University College at
- Susan MacLeod, Fulton-Montgomery Community College
- Katherine Spitzhoff, SUNY Oneonta
- John Bugyi, SUNY Oneonta
Oneonta, State University College at
Information Resources for Evidence-Based Interprofessional Health Care Decisions: Developing, Testing and Evaluating Library-Based Innovative Technology Enhanced Team Instruction Methods
- Maryruth Glogowski, Buffalo State
- Gary D. Byrd, University at Buffalo
- Paul T. Wietig, University at Buffalo
- Nell Aronoff, University at Buffalo
- Sharon Murphy, University at Buffalo
- Elizabeth M. Stellrecht, University at Buffalo
- Deborah McConnell Chiarella, University at Buffalo
- Michelle Zafron, University at Buffalo
- Howard B. Pikoff, University at Buffalo
- Michael Lavin, University at Buffalo
- Amy Lyons, University at Buffalo
- Andrew Symons, University at Buffalo
- Nancy Campbell-Heider, University at Buffalo
- Donald Antonson, University at Buffalo
- Kathleen M. K. Boje, University at Buffalo
- Patricia J. Ohtake, University at Buffalo
- Diane E. Elze, University at Buffalo
- Paul E. Tesluk, University at Buffalo
- Rosemary B. Lubinski, University at Buffalo
- Jeremiah S. Grabowski, University at Buffalo
- Caryn Sobieski-VanDelinder, University at Buffalo
- Katie Bertel, Buffalo State
- Leah Galka, Buffalo State
- Carol A. DeNysschen, Buffalo State
- Constance Dean Qualls, Buffalo State
Buffalo, University at
J Tomás Henriques
Buffalo State College
LOOP (Learn, Operate, Outreach, Perform) supports creation of a digital/electronic music lab that will support an online masters program.
The project final report describes key learning outcomes.
- Nathan Franklin, Clinton Community College
Clinton Community College
Pilot use of Prezi in student presentations partnered with community based organizations to provide experiential learning around promotion and engagement of target audiences.
Students responded well to the service learning assignments and guidance. Exercises, timeline and prezi debrief is available here.
- Stephen P. Weiter, SUNY ESF
Environmental Science and Forestry, College of
Demonstration project using the iPod touch, students will take photos of the spaces and resources in the library and use digital storytelling tools to tell a story about their orientation experience to the library.
All resourcesshared for how the "wayfinding" experience was set up and measured.
- Jack Croxton, SUNY Fredonia
- Danielle Garneau, SUNY Plattsburgh
- Shashi Kanbur, SUNY Oswego
Geneseo, State University College at
Computer mediated technology to support undergraduate research mentoring and exploration of technology use in faculty development.
Recommendations for use of virtual tools for mentorship is available here.