- Susan Lieberthal, Suffolk County Community College
- Dana Antonucci-Durgan, Suffolk County Community College
- Fiona Grady,Suffolk County Community College
- Paul Basileo, Suffolk County Community College
- Peter DiGregorio, Suffolk County Community College
- Larry Perlman, Suffolk County Community College
Suffolk County Community College
This project will expand the 2014 tier I SUNY IITG entitled Creating Mobile Makerspaces to Support Experiential Learning awarded to Suffolk County Community Colleges Eastern campus library. The Tier II project will extend the Tier I successes to Suffolks other two campuses to provide active learning opportunities through the use of mobile makerspaces that enhance student learning and further student engagement.
Both the 3D printer and the One Button Studio support the SUNY Excel of Completion. The 3D printer has been used by students in Anatomy & Physiology classes to print "human skeletons" to aid in the study of the various bones and bone structure of the human body. Additionally, cell phone microscope clips were made for the biology classes to provide a mobile microscope for studying. The One Button Studio was utilized by students in Communications and Theater classes to practice speeches and monologues. By providing these instructional technologies to our students, we are supporting differentiated learning styles and providing them with the support to finish their certificate or degree.