- Barrett T. Meckel, State University of New York - Delhi
- Katherine M. Murphy, State University of New York - Delhi
- David Weiner, I-Town Designs
- Terry Kelleher, I-Town Designs
Cornell University, NYS College of Veterinary Medicine at
Veterinary clinical training follows an apprenticeship model in which trainees observe experienced clinicians treating cases presenting to teaching hospitals. High fidelity patient simulators enable an approach based on deliberate practice, in which relevant clinical scenarios designed to reinforce specific learning objectives are presented to trainees, who apply their knowledge in real time.
- Francia Reed, SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Doreen Rogers, SUNY Poly Technic Institute
- Louise Dean-Kelly, SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Kevin Volo, SUNY Polytechnic Institute
SUNY Polytechnic Institute
SUNY Poly is proposing to utilize an Innovative Instruction Technology Grant (ITTG) to design an evidence-based, online pharmacology course for graduate nurse educator students, using virtual presence software. This course will utilize authentic faculty developed scenarios to apply the principles of pharmacology to patient care.
- Renée Gecsedi, New York State Nurses Association
- Alexandra Pickett, SUNY Learning Network
Ulster County Community College
Use of Second Life for collaborative case studies in a virtual hospital, learning critical thinking skills with intent to design and implement additional case studies and assessment to address progress, successes and challenges.
Journal articles, project details and a detailed presentation of the student experience with a Second Life healthcare island is available .
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3