Video Pedagogy: Research based best practices for creation and integration of videos into college teaching
- Carol Van Zile-Tamsen, University at Buffalo
- Michele Messenger, University at Buffalo
- In Gu Kang, University at Buffalo
- John Wild, University at Buffalo
Buffalo, University at
- Susan Lieberthal, Suffolk County Community College
- Dana Antonucci-Durgan, Suffolk County Community College
- Fiona Grady,Suffolk County Community College
- Paul Basileo, Suffolk County Community College
- Peter DiGregorio, Suffolk County Community College
- Larry Perlman, Suffolk County Community College
Suffolk County Community College
This project will expand the 2014 tier I SUNY IITG entitled Creating Mobile Makerspaces to Support Experiential Learning awarded to Suffolk County Community Colleges Eastern campus library. The Tier II project will extend the Tier I successes to Suffolks other two campuses to provide active learning opportunities through the use of mobile makerspaces that enhance student learning and further student engagement.
- Chris Price, SUNY Brockport
- Kanchana Mendes, SUNY Brockport
- Kathleen Reagan, SUNY Brockport
- Jeremy Browne, Brigham Young University
- Christopher Loretz, University at Buffalo
- Marirose Ethington, Genesee Community College
- Gary Glaser, Genesee Community College
Brockport, State University College at
Creation of pre-laboratory learning modules for A&P students to assess the effects of using these modules to reduce face-to-face lab duration while maintaining learning outcomes, and to identify features to facilitate faculty adoption of this technology.
73% of over Anatomy & Physiology students from two courses (n=569) accessed pilot video lab prep content. There was no significant difference in test performance from those who accessed vs. those who did not. See outcomes poster for more details.