Susan P. Lieberthal
- Krista Gruber, Suffolk Community College
- Paul Basileo, Suffolk Community College
- Meridith Leo, Suffolk Community College
- Danna Prather Davis, Suffolk Community College
- Nancy Wozniak, Consultant, Stony Brook University
Suffolk County Community College
E-portfolio training to veterans returning as students that integrates writing, video editing and information literacy. The project will strengthen student academic engagement and result in individualized electronic presentations fort job interviews or college transfer.
Our student veterans are quite similar in learning styles to our other students in that it is hard to get students to complete assignments that are not for a specific class. However, student veterans are very attentive and appreciative of programs designed for them, and the laptops obtained for this grant have been invaluable.
Initiating Conversations About the End of Life: The Advanced Illness Decision Simulation Environment
- Mary Ann Meeker, UB School of Nursing
- David Milling, UB School of Medicine
- Steve Sturman, UB School of Social Work
- Karen Zinnerstrom, UB School of Medicine Clinical Competency Center
- Tony Guzman, UB School of Social Work
University at Buffalo
The Advanced Illness Decision Support Environment (AIDSE) and utilize simulation technology to create an environment to engage students in active, real-time learning about how to initiate and facilitate decision-making conversations with patients about their goals for care and desired outcomes.