Module 3: Effective Practices
In this module, you will learn about key online effective practices for teaching online, and how to integrate them into the planning, development, and teaching of online courses to best engage your students in active learning.
Our goals are to introduce you to best practices in online course planning, delivery, and management, as well as to accessibility and compliance issues that you need to be aware of when teaching online.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between the planning, development, and delivery phases of teaching online.
- Integrate key effective practices to your online teaching approach.
- Identify and implement online course management strategies.
- Recognize the qualities of online learner engagement.
- Promote accessibility within an online course.
THINGS TO DO AND REVIEW
- Subscribe to the Open SUNY COTE Online Teaching Gazette to keep up to date on the latest news in online education.
- Observe an online course.
- Explore effective practices for the design and development of online courses.
- Discover strategies for managing the delivery of online courses.
- Hear perspectives from our faculty about engaging students online.
- Try your hand at the W3C Web Accessibility Checker.
- Check your knowledge by taking the Module 3: Check Your Understanding quiz.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
In the online discussions for this module, we will explore online learner engagement, and the effective practices that foster engagement in the online classroom. Join the conversation here: http://cotecommunity.open.suny.edu/group/interested.
How to join the conversation.