Open SUNY was introduced in January of 2014 as a system-wide effort designed to maximize online-enabled learning opportunities for all SUNY students current and future. Open SUNY supports campuses and faculty in increasing access, completion, and success for their students. Open SUNY draws on a rich history of innovative instruction within the SUNY system including the SUNY Learning Network (SLN), Empire State College Center for Distance Learning and much more.
Click here for an overview of the development of Open SUNY.
Open SUNY aims to provide students with the nation’s leading online learning experience. Open SUNY draws on the Power of SUNY and support campuses and faculty to:
– Dramatically expand access to higher education.
– Raise completion rates.
– Prepare students for success in their lives and careers, and contribute to the economic success of New York State and beyond.
Open SUNY will lead the SUNY System in the advancement of online learning at both the campus and system level with primary emphasis on the Completion Agenda by:
– Providing exemplary models for online program development and campus provided services.
– Delivering high quality, cost-effective services to support campus online learning operations.
– Advocating for SUNY-wide policy, infrastructure, and resources in support of online learning.
– Promoting and engaging in research and innovation in online learning.
Learn about Open SUNY’s Strategic Plan Goals & Strategies.