Creating an Assignment
- Navigate to the content area where you want students to access the assignment in Blackboard.
- Go to Assessments and click Assignment.
- On the Create Assignment page, provide the name and instructions, and attach any files students need.
- Select a Due Date if needed.
- In the Grading section, type the Points Possible and add a rubric if necessary.
- Expand the Submission Details area to set the assignment type and number of attempts. You may see an option to check for plagiarism using SafeAssign. This option is only available if your campus has enabled the tool.
- Expand the Grading Options area to set anonymous grading (students names are not displayed during grading). You can also set delegated grading which allows you to assign graders for the assignment. Delegated grading should be used when there are more than one instructor or TAs in the course.
- Expand the Display of Grades area to set how the grades will appear in the grade center.
- Make the assignment available and set the Display After and Display Until dates, if needed. Display dates do not affect the availability, only when the assignment appears. Select the check box to Track Number of Views, if desired.
- Click Submit.