Create a Journal in Blackboard
Many professors require students to create journals in their online classes. Journals are private entries seen only by the professor and the student.
Create a Journal Entry
To create a journal entry in your online class, locate the journal in the course content area. Click on the journal title. The content editor will open so you can write your journal entry, attach content, and submit it to your professor.
- Add a title to your journal entry.
- Write your journal entry in the text If you want to, you can use the content editor above the text box. Here you can change the font, upload a link, add a video, and more. Read more about the content editor here.
- Attach a document if required.
- Save as a draft if you need to return to the journal entry at a later time.
- Post entry so that your professor can view it.
Review Feedback on Journal
To review your grade, if any, and your professor’s feedback, open the journal entry and click on the speech bubble near the title on the right-hand side of the screen. If the professor allows you to comment, you can add a comment back.
To create an additional journal, you repeat the same process above.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions please contact:
Open SUNY Support Services HelpDesk
1-800-875-6269 | email@example.com