How to Use Saylor Content in Blackboard
If you are using Saylor content in Blackboard, Blackboard’s Content Market option permits users to convert Saylor files and then re-import them back into Blackboard.
Note: Video links come in as HTML attachments and some links do not display and have to be manually edited.
Blackboard version: Blackboard Learn 9.1.
Create a Saylor Common Cartridge
To convert Saylor Content in Blackboard, first you need to retrieve a compatible file.
- Download the appropriate course file from GitHub: https://github.com/saylordotorg/course_backups
- Select the folder for the course you want to use. When you click on the course, make sure you choose the correct file extension: .cc.imscc (Creative Commons). Do not choose file extension .mbz.mbz; it is not a Blackboard-compatible format.
- Click the Download button.
The file will download to your computer.
Import Saylor Content into Blackboard
Note: If the Content Market does not load, please contact the Open SUNY Helpdesk or your Blackboard administrator to enable the Partner Cloud in the LMS.
- Enter the Blackboard Learn course shell.
- Navigate to Content > Build Content > Partner Content (Mashups).
- Select Blackboard Open Content.
- Locate Create and choose Import Common Cartridge.
- Select Me as the Collection Owner under Resource Settings.
- Upload the downloaded file from your computer.
- Add the appropriate Copyright License and Copyright License Owner information, such as Saylor.org, and click Update.
- Click Import.
Export Saylor Content into Blackboard
- Go to My Content.
- Locate the imported course in the Collections list on the right side of the page.
- Click the Add arrow > Add to Course.
Your new imported course will now appear as LTI links in the content area. You can navigate back to your course by clicking on your name in the upper right corner of the page.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions please contact:
SUNY OER Services
1-844-673-6786 | OER@suny.edu