- subscribe listname youremailaddress fullname
- i.e., subscribe sunylsp email@example.com Betty Spencer
- Meeting number (access code): 644 271 394
- JOIN FROM A VIDEO SYSTEM OR APPLICATION Dial sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- JOIN BY PHONE 1-240-454-0879 USA Toll
- Global call-in numbers: https://suny.webex.com/suny/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=593518307&tollFree=0
- Can’t join the meeting? https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-5412
- Marianne Hebert, Potsdam, Chair
- Cheng Cheng, Oneonta
- Susan Davis, University at Buffalo
- Stephanie Hess, Binghamton
- Jill Locascio, Optometry
- Colleen Lougen, New Paltz
- Jessica Tagliaferro , Westchester Community College
- Jan Waterhouse, University at Albany
- Binghamton University
- College at Brockport
- University at Buffalo
The OLIS is involved with Aleph data review in support of the migration to Alma for campuses on the shared servers. Natalie Sturr has created a process to make sure campus Aleph holdings are in-synch with their holdings in OCLC. This is to support the creation of a shared catalog in Alma which will be based on OCLC master records from WorldCat.
Natalie has been working with a pilot group of campuses to finalize the process and is ready to take on another group. Consequently, we are looking for 5 to 6 campuses that would be interested in working with the OLIS on this 2nd reclamation at this time. We would like to start working with this group in mid to late August. Given that the start of the new semester is coming up quickly, interested campuses would need to have a contact person available that could respond to questions related to workflow, STA values, and how electronic resources are identified. Campus credentials for Connexion would also need to be shared with the OLIS so that any deletes and/or additions can be uploaded to WorldCat.
We will be planning additional cohort groups with the intent of working with all campuses on the shared services. Consequently, other opportunities will be available as we move forward.
The OLIS will be able to do this 2nd reclamation at no cost to campuses since we now have access to all MARC records associated with SUNY campus holdings through the WorldShare Collection Manager. While Maggie Horn did provide reclamation services to campuses, they were done 5 to 7 years ago. Over time, OCLC has updated and merged records resulting in changes in OCLC numbers. Further, we want to ensure that any slippage in OCLC/Aleph holdings coordination can be addressed.
If interested, please send an email to both Natalie Sturr and Maureen Zajkowski by Friday, August 18. We will follow-up with a call to review the process and answer questions you may have.
fill out a form stating their interest. Nominations will remain open until a full slate of working group members are identified (about 7 individuals) though we are encouraging interested individuals to fill out the form by August 18th. For a list of other current and future working groups, visit the working group page.