Connection details were sent to the SUNYLSP email list and to each institutional campus lead contact. Please reach out to your campus contact or Heidi Webb for connection details for the October 17th network zone webinar at 1:30pm presented by Katy Aronoff, Manager of Solutions Architecture at Ex Libris,.
On October 17th at 1:30, Katy Aronoff, Manager of Solutions Architecture at Ex Libris, will be presenting a webinar on the Network Zone. Since the Network Zone will be a key part of the SLC shared implementation of Alma, the LSP Project Management team asked Ex Libris to provide an overview webinar on the Network Zone.
Webinar details will be available in the next few days.
- If you are interested or know someone who would be great, check out the form for Nominations/Volunteers: https://goo.gl/forms/WVha0Rfad8hZYea03
- The charge and focus of this working group is:
- Develop and maintain standard system-wide policies and best practices regarding acquisitions management in the Library Services Platform (LSP) throughout the SUNY Library Consortia (SLC). Create and maintain a plan for facilitating best practices within the LSP for the SLC and individual campuses for the entire acquisitions life cycle including purchasing, ordering, invoicing, receiving, and claiming. Research acquisitions management best practices and policies in a consortial environment, and recommend policies related to storing, sharing, and managing purchase order lines and cost information. Research and develop configuration for individual and group-wide acquisitions functionality within the LSP and identify any connection needs with campus financial systems. Propose optimal LSP system settings to: enhance efficiency for local and consortial access, reduce redundant acquisition management activities, and produce reliable data for system-wide data analysis. Create shared analytics recommendations to continue data-driven decision activities across SUNY. Review needs and options for training related to acquisitions in the SUNY Library Consortium, and recommend training plans to the LSP Task Force and LSP Training Working Group. This group will work closely with the LSP E-Resources Management Working Group.
- Form for Nominations/Volunteers: https://goo.gl/forms/gGqmI0jca4w2a96H2
- The charge of the working group is below:
- In consultation with all working groups and members of the SUNY Libraries Consortium (SLC), identify training needs related to the implementation of and continued use of a Library Services Platform (LSP) in a shared geographically dispersed consortia environment. Create and develop a training strategy that addresses needs, format, existing vendor documentation, scalability, content creation, and consortial efficiencies. Facilitate SLC-wide training opportunities, instruction, and training related events based on the developed training strategy. Recommend training plans and strategies to the LSP Task Force. Support librarians and staff within SLC who are providing training by providing assistance in developing, assessing, and improving training sessions, learning objects, and training material. Provide overall guidance on assessment and measuring effectiveness of instruction and assist with continued development of training events and programs.
http://sunyla.org/technology-discussion-group/ Thank you TDG for creating and sharing this kind of communication format!
Now Available. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.
- subscribe listname youremailaddress fullname
- i.e., subscribe sunylsp email@example.com Betty Spencer