Throughout this OER Community Course space, we have talked about the benefits that OER bring to students, faculty, and institutions as a whole. Research shows us that the most direct positive impacts are reduced costs of a college education, improved student success rates, and increased student retention.
As you work to integrate OER into your practice, keep in mind the ways you can share the OER you create, as well as your own personal stories which can help promote the adoption, adaption, customization, creation, and sharing of OER by others.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits and opportunities of sharing OER
- Expand dialogue around OER use at your institution
- Develop a plan to promote the use of OER
- Connect and collaborate with other OER advocates
- Weigh in on incentive initiatives to promote OER use