In this course, you will begin to explore the definitions, concepts, and effective practices related to open educational resources (OER).
As you progress through this learning journey, you will learn basic definitions related to OER, review the benefits of integrating OER into your practice, and experience the stories of other faculty, students, librarians, instructional designers, and campus leaders who have integrated OER into their work.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Detail the characteristics of OER
- Recognize the benefits and opportunities of using OER
- Describe how OER can be used in teaching and learning
- Explain the principle of open pedagogy
- Initiate dialogue around OER use at your institution
WATCH THE COURSE INTRODUCTION